The Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) approved draft law No. 5270 on e-residency in the second reading and as a whole.
This was reported by the Ministry of Digital Transformation.
In the near future, foreigners will be able to obtain e-resident status and open their business in Ukraine online, without a physical presence in it. 252 deputies of the Verkhovna Rada voted for this draft law.
The Ministry of Digital Affairs explained how to become an e-resident:
- Apply online for e-residency status;
- Pass an inspection in accordance with current legislation;
- Pass identification at the consular institution, obtain the registration number of the taxpayerʼs account card and electronic signature;
- Open a bank account and register as a sole trader.
The team of the Ministry of Digital Transformation is currently developing a web version and a mobile application of a digital signature for e-residents.
- Service centers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs once again allowed to change and renew driverʼs licenses online. For security reasons, this service was suspended at the beginning of a full-scale invasion.